Pages

May 27, 2012

Fun or None? Salutation Sunday!



This is a week long blog hop hosted and created by Nikki Wang @ Fiction Freak  for May 27 - June 2. She has chosen a topic for each day that all of us will post along with our thoughts. Make sure to come back everyday to see the new day's topic! :)  Thanks so much for the invite, Nikki! Any comments or thoughts about the day's post? Please share them below. They're always appreciated! :D

Participating bloggers:
Jessica @ Just a Booklover
Paulina @ Kissed/Bitten by books
Karis Jacobstein @ YA Litwit
Ria @ The Beaucoup Review
 
Today's Topic: Salutation Sunday
Almost 31 years ago I was born (my birthday's coming up in July!!), and....wait, I won't make you go through my entire life so far in flashbacks! That would just be mean, and I'll spare you the boring moments of which there have been many--I live in a tiny town--basically a cornfield to people from anywhere else. :P
 
In sixth grade, I decided I wanted to become a counselor, and in junior high, I narrowed it down to grief therapy. I hurried through high school to get out of there! I went to college and earned my B.A. in Psychology by the skin of my teeth (I should've gone for a B.S. for all the good my degree is; that would be more accurate, hahaha). I plan on going back to college and getting my Master's in Mental Health Counseling.
 
Literally from kindergarten, I knew I wanted to become a writer. I'm working on that, too. Any free time I have is spent reading and writing, just about anything and everything.
 
I'm married (we've been together for almost eleven years!), and we have two children--a 9 year old girl and a 2 year old boy, two cats, and a puppy. Our family keeps on growing! :) I'm currently a full-time parent and feel super lucky I can be the primary person taking care of my kids.
 
Plus, my sister will be having a girl the beginning of August, and I can't wait to be around a tiny baby again. Only this time, when the baby starts crying, I can hand her back to her momma, except when I'm niece-sitting of course. :D 
 
That's it for me for today! Come back tomorrow to see what the next topic will be! Don't forget to visit all of the blog sites listed above! :D

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're busy! When do you have time to write? My wife and I have a 4-month-old and she keeps our hands full. My wife's like no more kids! But I know we'll feel differently in a few years. Nice life summary. Hope you're having a great holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I know! I don't feel like I ever have enough time to read, let alone write. :) And I'm crazy enough trying to talk my husband into one more baby, lol. Yep, I believe in a few years you and your wife will want another baby. When we had our daughter, we both agreed we were good with one. When they start to grow up, at least for me, baby fever tends to set in again. I never thought I'd want to be pregnant a second time, but it was worth it. I couldn't imagine life without my wild 2 year old, even if he is in his terrible twos! :) Hope you and your family's weekend was awesome as well! :D

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and make my day awesome! :D This is an award-free zone - thanks for your consideration though!