Pages

June 13, 2012

WiW ~ Kindle vs. Nook


This is a new weekly meme hosted by Lauren from Epilogue Review. Each week there will be a something vs. something topic for you to post your thoughts about. Make sure to visit Lauren at her blog, Epilogue Review, and she has a link if you'd like to use her picture (shown above). Comments below with your thoughts are always appreciated! :)

The topic this week: Kindle vs. Nook

I'm biased on this one since I'm a Kindle owner; however, I did consider all of my options before buying a Kindle. I checked out the Nook but thought it would be better for my kids than me. I'd like to get them a Nook color soon. I did make a mistake and bought a Kindle Touch instead of a Kindle Fire. I wish I had gotten a Kindle Fire basically just so I can read magazines on it. It isn't fun to read magazines without color for me, lol. And I must say that I do have to switch from my Kindle to an actual book I can hold in my hands whether it's paperback or hard cover. I could never just exclusively use an ereader. :D

What do you think? Is the Kindle for you or the Nook?

2 comments:

  1. I want to get a Kindle Fire. Right now I just have a regular Kindle. I'm biased, for Kindles since that's what I put my book out on because I think Amazon is a bigger market. But I'll format it for the Nook eventually. I just think the life of the ebook readers is going to be limited as the price of tablets comes down. But I still love physical books! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazon seems like a bigger market to me, too. I think Amazon has excellent marketing skills.

      Our library had a "Books Gone Wild" open craft time yesterday, and I took my kids. Just by going, I got to enter a drawing to win a Kindle or a Kindle Fire. Of course I'm going for the Kindle Fire!! :) Then, last night when I told my husband about the drawing, he asked if I would want the Fire for my birthday. I think he wants my Kindle, lol. :D

      Delete

Leave a comment and make my day awesome! :D This is an award-free zone - thanks for your consideration though!