Pages

July 11, 2012

WiW ~ Peeta vs. Gale


waight-1

This is a new weekly meme hosted by Lauren from Epilogue Review. Each week there will be a something vs. something topic for you to post your thoughts about. Make sure to visit Lauren at her awesome blog, Epilogue Review, and also check out the other nifty blogs also participating. :)

Comments below with your thoughts are always appreciated! :)

The topic this week: Peeta vs. Gale

Wow, this is a really difficult one! I really like both of them. I didn't like Peeta at first, but he quickly grew on me. I felt like I got to know Gale first and know him better than Peeta; however, once the game started, he faded quite a bit into the background. I think he's super cute, and there's more in common between him and Katniss. I choose Gale! Sorry Peeta! You're still an awesome guy! :D

8 comments:

  1. Awww, still a cute post, even though I'm for Peeta. But I can definitely relate to how Gale was first. First impressions actually make quite a big impact. Great weigh-in! <3

    Vivian @ Vivaciously, Vivian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This one was so hard because they're both great characters. I didn't like Peeta at first, but over time, I grew to like him. They both did so much for Katniss and obviously cared for her greatly. Tough call, lol. :D

      Delete
  2. I liked Gale at the beginning, but liked him less over time. Peeta I didn't care for that much at the beginning and like him more over time. Both were well crafted character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kinda felt like that, too, about Gale, and I also liked Peeta more as the story progressed. I wish Gale had been a more prominent character in the books, though.

      Delete
  3. So funny that you liked Gale more than Peeta at first, while I had the opposite reaction...it's so interesting that two people can have such different reactions to the same text! I agree with Michael that both are well-crafted characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about having different reactions, and that's one of my favorite things about talking books with people. I love finding out the different opinions people have after they've read a book. It's a lot of fun. :)

      I also agree with you and Michael--both characters were well crafted, but I wanted some more of Gale, lol. :D

      Delete
  4. This is definitely a tough decision. In the beginning, I felt Katniss betrayed Gale, falling in love with Peeta. However, by the end, after all that happened, I'm sold on Peeta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt like she betrayed Gale, but I don't think she could help it. She definitely didn't love Peeta right away. She just went along with pretending for the audience to try to get sponsors once they went into the arena. I think she felt torn between the two.

      Delete

Leave a comment and make my day awesome! :D This is an award-free zone - thanks for your consideration though!