Pages

February 22, 2013

Feature & Follow Friday #1

Alison Can Read Feature & Follow


I'm so excited to finally be joining Feature and Follow Friday!! This is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read where they each feature a fellow blogger and ask a question which can be answered by participating bloggers. If you aren't already following the two hosting bloggers, please visit their blogs to follow them, the bloggers they're featuring, and enter your own blog in the linky. Hop around to other blogs - find new blogs to follow and gain some new followers as well. :D

Q: We always talk about books that WE want. Let's turn it on its head. What books have you given other people lately?

I gave my friend's niece Zombies vs Unicorns for her 13th birthday, and she devoured it right after she got it. She absolutely loved it!!

I just gave my husband Even White Trash Zombies Get the Blues (White Trash Zombie #2) by Diana Rowland. He liked the first one, and he told me this one is even better than the first.

I gave my daughter Cinder (Lunar Chronicles #1) by Marissa Meyer. She's 10 and in fourth grade. She gets to read this book for school credit. I was so excited when she told me that! For Christmas my husband and I bought her a Monster High book, and every time I go to a used book store, I buy her Baby-Sitter Club books. :D

Every time I go to used book stores, I also buy my son, who's three, books. He loves anything to do with rockets right now, oh and Mickey Mouse. I take him to the library every week for story time, where the teacher reads stories, we sing songs, and make a craft at the end. He loves it!!

How about you? Have you given anyone a book lately?

8 comments:

  1. Wow, you share a lot of great books with a lot of people. Sharing is always awesome especially when it comes to books. I read Cinder, it is an awesome book and I really want to read Zombies vs. Unicorns. =] Followed by GFC and Twitter. =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following, Michael! I'm always happy to share books; I basically have a library right now, lol. I love being the first person my family and friends come to for book recommendations, and I've found so many great new authors and books thanks to all of the blogs I follow (like yours!) and Goodreads. I can't wait to read Cinder, and my Secret Santa from one of the groups I'm in on Goodreads sent me a copy of Zombies vs. Unicorns. I can't wait to read that one, too. :D

      Delete
  2. I love to give away books to my friends, and I love it when they read and enjoy the books. I haven't read any of the books you mentioned but I'll check it Cinder.

    New GFC Follower
    My FF @ The Creative Forum
    Happy Reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kaykay! Thanks for being a new follower! I am an old GFC follower of your blog and am now also following by Twitter and email. :) One of the best things about reading and blogging is sharing books with others. It's so exciting when someone loves a book they just borrowed from me, or a book I recommended to him/her. I get super nerded out, lol!! It's also awesome to talk to another aspiring writer! Maybe I'll find the inspiration I need to get myself working on my WIP again. :D

      Delete
  3. My nephew loves Mickey :) but he doesn't read yet...
    How cool that your daughter can read Cinder for school credits!
    following via GFC
    RUTY @Reading...Dreaming

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ruth and welcome! Thanks so much for following me! How old is your nephew? My son is able to recognize letters but isn't able to read on his own yet. He's a late fall baby, so I have two more years to get him ready for kindergarten. :) I'm now reading him the same books I used to read for his sister--it's hard to believe there was a time before she knew how to read. It feels like she's been reading forever. :) She still listens while I'm reading to her brother, and she loves reading him her favorite books from when she was his age. I feel lucky that both of my kids and my husband love to read as much as I do. :D

      I'm an old follower of yours; I've just been a lurker, lol.

      Delete
  4. Zombies vs Unicorns! What an awesome title for a book. I must check that one out.

    I love taking my little one to the library too. There's so much more there than books for him to enjoy. He's found quite a few playmates over the past year.

    New Follower

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lizzy! If you click the title of the book above in my post, it'll take you to Goodreads where you can check it out. :) I'm looking forward to reading it after receiving a copy as a gift for Christmas!

      I agree about the library, too. Not only does he get to go to story time, but he also plays with other kids his age afterward. We all go to the children's section where they have toys, puzzles, puppets, and games. It's really nice we all stay afterward and let our kids play. My son's favorite part of story time is making a craft, lol. I read to him every night before bed, and it helps him calm down to go to sleep, plus he loves being read to. :) I'd love for him to love books as much as I do! I think he will.

      Thanks for following! I really appreciate every comment and follower. :D I'm heading over to your blog now to make sure I'm following yours, too. :D

      Delete

Leave a comment and make my day awesome! :D This is an award-free zone - thanks for your consideration though!