Pages

May 29, 2012

Book Review ~ Elemental Magic

(Image from goodreads.com
See link below)
Title: Elemental Magic (Elemental Magic #1)
Author: Angela Wallace
Published: November 19, 2011
Pages: 250 (Paperback)
My copy: Kindle Edition
Genre: Paranormal, Mystery
Average Rating: 4.41 of 5 stars4.41
My Rating: 4 of 5 stars false 4 out of 5 stars
Read from April 27 to May 12, 2012


Goodreads summary:

Aileen Donovan is an oceanographer with magical control over the element of water. While her normal focus is on research and fighting poachers, she’s about to go up against the stuff of legends—and that’s saying something for a supernatural.

A transport ship is missing and everyone’s eager to get their hands on the cargo. No one knows what exactly it is, but when fragments resembling coral begin to drive local residents insane, Aileen suspects a preternatural source. Whatever is at the bottom of the ocean, a power-hungry alchemist wants it, and releases a sea dragon to eat the competition—literally.

Aileen sees this as an opportunity to win the professional recognition she desires, but keeping secrets is complicated when she’s working with local Coast Guard officer Colin Benson. Her sense of love and duty will be put to the test, and when the tide washes out, it might have been better if that lost ship had stayed lost.



My Review:

The author graciously gave me a free copy of her book for my Kindle for review. I was pleasantly surprised by the story--after so many books have come out lately where the main character possesses some type of supernatural power, I was excited to read about a girl who can control the element of water. This was something different and fresh for me to read.

The main character, Aileen Donovan, is an elemental with control over water. There are other people who also can control water as well as people who have control over earth, wind, or fire. This story pulled me in right away, and there are so many twists and turns throughout that I couldn't guess what was going to happen next. Just when I thought of a potential direction the story was going to head in, I'd find out I was wrong, which is a good thing! I love a story that keeps me guessing!

Kudos to the author for weaving a suspenseful, intricate supernatural mystery! I will definitely be reading the sequel, and as a matter of fact, I already have it downloaded to my Kindle!

For more information on this book, the author, and her other works, click on this link: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13086324-elemental-magic


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and make my day awesome! :D This is an award-free zone - thanks for your consideration though!