Pages

August 11, 2012

My Niece Has Arrived!

Hey everyone! How are you all doing? Excited for the weekend? I know I'm glad it's here!

I want to apologize for the lack of posts here--this week has been really hectic, lol. My sister just had her baby girl today!! *cheers*


My sister, my one and only sibling <3

She had gone to the doctor on her due date, which was Monday the 6th. Since she hadn't dilated at all, her doctor asked if she would want to go into the hospital on Wednesday to be induced. She agreed.

My dad and I took her to the hospital, and my daughter went with us. I still can't drive due to my lame broken foot, lol. They tried every trick in the book to jump start her labor, but nothing worked. Her husband is in Afghanistan right now, and so I stayed the night in the hospital with her Wednesday and Thursday. Sadly, right after my sister found out she was pregnant in December, the military gave my sister and her husband the news that he was to be deployed to Afghanistan in April, which also meant he missed the birth. That has to be hard--this is their first child.

This morning around 5:30am, her doctor came in and said they had done everything they could do to start her labor, but since nothing was working, it was time for a c-section. They readied the operating room very quickly. They were so cheerful and very accomodating with my inability to walk without crutches.

After I put on a mask, hair net, etc., they helped me to a chair beside my sister. She instantly reached for my hand. This made me tear up; I knew how nervous she was, and this is the girl who becomes instantly annoyed with me when I try to give her a hug, lol. She's not a "huggy" kind of girl. I held onto her hand for dear life.

When the time came, the anesthesiologist asked me if I wanted to see the doctor and nurses lift the baby out, and I was like, "Yeah!!!" He assisted me in standing and stood right next to me to make sure I didn't fall over since I have to put all of my weight on my right foot.


My brand new niece Mila!

So I got to see my new niece come out into the world, and she was crying, which I've always thought is such a beautiful sound after waiting so long to meet your baby. When they brought her to my sister, she instantly stopped crying, and when they took her away to the next room to wash her up and check her vitals, she began crying again. How cool is that? She was instantly soothed by her mama. ;)

The nurse took the baby to the next room over and let me go with her. I was able to hang out with the two nurses while they worked on their charting and checking my niece's vital signs. I thought that was so awesome of them! I didn't want to leave my sister, but they put her to sleep while they finished the surgery, which greatly relieved me.

They weighed my niece, and she came in at 8lbs 8oz. I really thought she looked like she's nine pounds, and so did the nurse. We were super shocked!


I think she's especially cute here. <3

My sister named her daughter Milena Rose, and we're all gonna call her Mila. She's gorgeous, healthy, and so incredibly alert. I just love her to pieces already! My son hasn't gotten to meet her yet because he's too young to go back in the maternity ward, but my daughter was able to and she's in love with her new cousin! My daughter told me her cousin's favorite color is going to be pink, lol.

I can't wait until my sister and Mila can come home so we can all be together. I'm dying to take pictures of my kids with their new cousin. Tonight, I'm staying at home, while my sister's friend is staying with her in the hospital. I'm going back tomorrow to help her out as much as I can. I'd do anything for that girl. I love her to pieces. When I was a little girl, I asked for a sister and was so lucky to be given one. :D

P.S. ~ She's the girl in my blogger photo who's looking at me with love and adoration ;) , the same photo I use for my Goodreads profile. It was taken last year at Oktoberfest, right before she left for California to live on base with her husband and two months before she found out she was pregnant. That was one of the most fun days we had together. :D

We're all thrilled she's finally here!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Auntie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, congratulations! She's gorgeous!

    And you are the first one to put up my button, SO incredibly happy that you like my blog enough to do that :-) Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I think she's gorgeous, too. :D

      You're welcome--I love your blog! Thanks for stopping by; I love hearing from other bloggers. :)

      Delete

Leave a comment and make my day awesome! :D This is an award-free zone - thanks for your consideration though!