Pages

March 8, 2013

Feature & Follow #3


featurefollow


I'm so excited to finally be joining Feature and Follow Friday!! This is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read where they each feature a fellow blogger and ask a question which can be answered by participating bloggers. If you aren't already following the two hosting bloggers, please visit their blogs to follow them, the bloggers they're featuring, and enter your own blog in the linky. Hop around to other blogs - find new blogs to follow and gain some new followers as well. :D

Q: What is a book you didn't like that all your friends raved about or what book did you love that wasn't popular?

One of my favorite authors is Augusten Burroughs, and I talked my sister into reading all of his books. She liked them but wasn't in LOVE with them like I am. Running with Scissors is probably his most well known book since it was made into a movie. The book didn't really get the kind of reviews I thought it should have, but I absolutely love him and the way he writes his memoirs. I own just about all of them. :D I can't seem to talk any of my friends into trying out his books. They don't know what they're missing, lol.

How about you? I'd love to hear your answers! :D

12 comments:

  1. Okay, so the only Running with Scissors I know was the music album by Weird Al...a great album, but I'll have to check out your suggestion.

    New follower

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do! All of his books are great. :D I think my husband has that album by Weird Al, lol. Thanks for following!

      Delete
  2. Hi from a new follower

    I've never heard about Running with Scissors, I guess because it's not YA. But I will check it out later since I don't want just to stay in YA bubble only.

    And Thanks for stopping by my blog =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, check it out! It will seem like he had such a crazy life that the situations he finds himself in couldn't be possible, but he swears it's true. from what I've read in his other books, he's consistent, and as shocking as it is, I believe it really happened to him. Thanks for following! :D

      Delete
  3. I haven't heard about that book. cute blog design!

    Happy Friday, new follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should check out the book. I highly recommend him; he's a fantastic author. :D Thank you! I'm following you, too. :D

      Delete
  4. I've never heard of Running with Scissors!
    New follower via GFC! :)

    http://owlnestlyreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather, thanks for following! I'm following back. :)

      You've gotta read Augusten Burroughs! His books are great; love that man! :D

      Delete
  5. I've heard of it but never read it because I'm not too big on memoirs. I've heard good things about it though so maybe I should give it a chance!

    Dana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These memoirs are hilarious, I promise you! They're quick reads, and I feel like I'm really getting to know the author. I think people who write memoirs are brave, putting their lives out there like that. Thanks for following; I'm following back! :D

      Delete
  6. I've seen the Running With Scissors movie, but I've not read any of his books!
    Thanks for stopping by, I'm following back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book is better than the movie as they usually are. :) Thanks for following! I appreciate it so much! :D

      Delete

Leave a comment and make my day awesome! :D This is an award-free zone - thanks for your consideration though!