Pages

October 28, 2014

#ACLFest Bands I Saw, the Ones I Missed, & My Wishlist for 2015


Photo taken by me :D


Woo, I went to the Austin City Limits Music Festival again this year!!! I thought it'd be fun to do a post about bands I was able to see compared with the bands I was actually able to see for both this year and last year, plus I made a wish list for next year. 

Click here to be taken to the official website and see the entire lineup for the weekend.

I have more posts about ACL Fest coming up including lessons I learned from going last year (like take water with you on the walk to the festival!!! can't stress that enough), and posts for each day describing the bands I saw with some pics. So this is just the first of a series of ACL goodness. ;D


There's something about going to a concert where I feel at one with everyone around me. After a Green Day concert when they were touring for their American Idiot album, my husband commented that going to a concert is almost like having a religious experience, and I think that's a perfect way to describe it. 


Now imagine getting THREE DAYS of that feeling, and you'll get an idea of how awesome the ACL Fest is. I feel like I spend all year preparing for it, lol. It's so worth it!! Here are my lists below! 



~ Bands I Wanted to See ~ 
ACL 2014

  • Pearl Jam
  • Beck
  • Outkast
  • Skrillex
  • Foster the People
  • Spoon
  • The Head and the Heart
  • Interpol
  • CHVRCHES
  • St. Vincent (never thought I'd list this one, lol)
  • Phantogram
  • AFI
  • Icona Pop
  • Jenny Lewis
  • Real Estate
  • Bleachers
  • Cults
  • Miniature Tigers
  • Black Pistol Fire
  • Childish Gambino - (Did you know that Donald Glover from the TV show Community IS Childish Gambino?? Me neither!)


~ Bands I Saw ~
ACL 2014

  • Pearl Jam - caught the beginning 
  • Beck
  • Outkast - caught the end 
  • Skrillex
  • Eminem - caught the beginning, lol
  • Foster the People - heard them across the way while waiting for another band
  • Belle & Sebastian
  • Spoon
  • Interpol
  • CHVRCHES
  • St. Vincent
  • AFI - caught the end 
  • Caught part of Icona Pop - the bass was BOOMING - I was far, far away buying t-shirts, & my ears were suffering in a major way!
  • Caught the last few songs of Real Estate
  • Bleachers
  • Cults
  • Lana Del Rey
  • Major Lazer - on the TV in the VIP area but could hear them live on stage nearby
  • Lorde - on TV, but could hear her on stage close by
  • Chromeo - on TV but stage nearby



~ Bands I Wanted to See ~
ACL 2013 

  • Depeche Mode
  • The Cure
  • Muse
  • Atoms for Peace
  • Phoenix
  • Wilco
  • Vampire Weekend
  • Passion Pit
  • Queens of the Stone Age
  • Arctic Monkeys
  • Fun.
  • Franz Ferdinand
  • Tame Impala
  • Silversun Pickups
  • The Joy Formidable
  • Grouplove
  • The Black Angels


~ Bands I Saw ~
ACL 2013

  • The Cure
  • Muse
  • Atoms for Peace
  • Passion Pit
  • Queens of the Stone Age - heard them while waiting for Muse
  • Arctic Monkeys - heard them while in the VIP area
  • Fun.
  • Franz Ferdinand - saw them side stage!!
  • Local Natives
  • Tame Impala
  • Silversun Pickups
  • The Black Angels - heard them from the VIP area

~ My Wish List for ACL 2015 ~

  • Alanis Morissette
  • Green Day 
  • U2
  • Radiohead
  • Weezer - shocking I've NEVER seen them live!
  • R.E.M.
  • Coldplay
  • MGMT
  • Foo Fighters
  • Lady Gaga
  • Eels
  • Delta Spirit
  • Florence & the Machines
  • Arcade Fire
  • Geographer
  • Animal Collective
  • Alcoholic Faith Mission
  • M83
  • Imagine Dragons
  • Passion Pit - would it be too much to ask to see them again??
  • Sleigh Bells
  • Generationals
  • The Temper Trap
  • Kasabian
  • The Knife
  • Goldfrapp

Don't worry...I'm going into detail in my next posts - one for each day of the festival. These lists are helping me get organized for those posts. Plus, I've been wanting to make a wish list forever! I'm also going to post about what I did in Austin besides go to the festival. I stayed a few extra days this year and got to see and do some more stuff. 

And I'm totally going back next year. Already saving up for the trip. :D Until next time party people...
  

2 comments:

  1. Okay, now I'm super envious. I can't believe all the bands you've seen over the last two years. And I'm right there with you on your wish list. Foo Fighters!!!! I'm looking forward to the recap for the bands. Hmm, maybe I'll have to figure out a way to go next year! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should go next year, Brandee! Wouldn't that be so much fun to hang out together and see some rockin' bands?? I saw Foo Fighters several years ago, and it's been way too long - they played with the Chili Peppers. Muse opened for them, lol. That was an awesome concert. I really want Foo Fighters at ACL for next year!! *wishes and wishes and wishes* xx

      Delete

Leave a comment and make my day awesome! :D This is an award-free zone - thanks for your consideration though!