Pages

October 4, 2014

My Flash Friday Entry #5


I came so close to skipping this week thinking what in the world could I write about? I eventually worked something out - if I stop this week, I'll stop every week. 

So here's my entry for this week Flash! Friday hosted by Rebekah Postupak!!!  

If you'd like to participate, click the link above for the rules and come join us next Friday! 

Today we were required to do the following: 
  • Use the below photo
  • Include a politician 
  • Word count between 140-160


Here's the photo prompt:


Local fisherman, Yugoslavia. CC photo by GothPhil 

~ Fishing is Trouble ~

Strong tugging on my fishing pole gave me little time to balance myself in our boat. Hair blew in my face along with spray from the water. I began to reel in the fish slowly, my muscles straining.

“What’s the holdup, Andrea?” Jess shaded her eyes, smiling. “Too much for Wonder Woman?”

“Yeah yeah, struggling over here! Come help me!”  

Jess shook her head, laughing, and stood next to me. Her eyes widened. “Boy, you weren’t kidding!”

We tugged on the line as hard as we could, and just when we thought it would snap...  

“Oh shit, it’s a shark!” Jess shrieked and immediately backed up.

The predator thrashed around, then disappeared. I lifted up the line, and the upper half of what once was Senator Warman, pale and bloated, lifelessly stared back at me.    

I opened my mouth to scream but not a sound escaped my lips.

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * 

I'm asking for constructive criticism please. What can I do to make my pieces stronger and stand out from the pack? 

Would you like to participate in Flash! Fridays? 
Let me know so I can cheer you on! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and make my day awesome! :D This is an award-free zone - thanks for your consideration though!