Pages

October 25, 2014

My Flash Friday Entry #6


Hey guys! Here's my entry for this week Flash! Friday hosted by Rebekah Postupak!!!  

If you'd like to participate, click the link above for the rules and come join us next Friday! 

Today we were required to do the following: 

  • Use the below photo
  • Include bankruptcy
  • Word count between 140-160

Here's the photo prompt:


Title: Mr. Hydrick, county supervisor, and Mr. Melody Tillery examining mouth and teeth of his mare, which has mule colt. Pike County, near Tray, Alabama. Public domain photo by Marion Post Walcott 


~ The Loss ~

"We lost," Greg said firmly. "How did we lose? That bet should've been a sure thing." 

"You know your wife is going to disown you now, right?" I shuffled nervously, my hands glued into my pockets from the unbearable heat. 

Greg frowned at me. "I'll find a way out of this mess. Somehow, some way. I don't want to lose her. I CAN'T lose her." He began mumbling and sweating profusely.

Worried about him, all I wanted to do was reassure him. The words stuck in my throat - I felt like we were out in the Sahara. I was out a lot of money, too. But I didn't have a wife - I only had myself to worry about. 

Pacing back and forth, Greg looked too pale for being out in the sun all day. I looked up - and saw his wife marching our way. 

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * 

Not my best work, but I was in a hurry, eep.

Would you like to participate in Flash! Fridays? 
Let me know so I can cheer you on! 


2 comments:

  1. This is so much fun! I'll have to join in one of these Fridays. I definitely don't want to be around when the wife finds out what happened. I hope all is well...kids, family, you. Oh, and our teams rocked it today, huh? My family cheered your team on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do, Robyn! It's a lot of fun and challenging, too. Haha, I wouldn't want to be around either! Aw, I love you and your family - thanks for cheering on my Bengals. <333

      Delete

Leave a comment and make my day awesome! :D This is an award-free zone - thanks for your consideration though!